Last Updated: December 24, 2020
Thanks for using Jobcase! Our goal is to help you succeed in your worklife.
At Jobcase, Inc. (“Jobcase”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), we respect your privacy and describe for you in this Policy:
- the types of personal information that we gather from you and other people (the “Users”);
- how we use and disclose the personal information we gather; and
- the choices you have about your personal information
If you are a California resident, see Section 6 for information provided pursuant to the
California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information About You
- We Share Personal Information With Others
- Your Choices About How We Use Your Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Integrating Social Networking Services
- Other Websites
- Contact Us
- Changes to Policy
1. What Personal Information We Collect
In order to identify and serve you with the most relevant tools, content and connections, we and our service providers collect and receive several categories of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us. We may collect and receive the following categories and specific pieces of personal information:
- Contact Information. We may collect your name, mailing or billing address, telephone number, email address, profile URL, and any other contact information you input
- Commercial and Preference Information. We may collect your order history, such as what purchases you make on our Sites, or what events you express an interest in. We also collect comments you submit and surveys or profiles you complete.
- Internet and Network Activity Information. We use tracking tools like cookies, pixels, ad tags, and clear gifs to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites, online content, advertisements, and emails. We collect information about what pages of the Site you visit, how long you spend on those pages, what content you view on the Site, and what search terms you enter, for instance. We automatically receive the referring advertisement or URL of the website from which you came to the Site, or the one to which you are directed when you leave our Site. We also collect the IP address of your modem, computer or the proxy server that you use to access the Site, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device identifier and your mobile operating system (if you are accessing the Site using a mobile device), and the name of your Internet service provider or your mobile carrier. The tracking tools we use may cause this information to be shared with third parties, along with information relating to your activities on the Site. If you use third party social media or other Internet-based applications or services, such as Facebook or Google, certain additional information that may be sufficient to identify you uniquely may also be shared with those parties by virtue of third party cookies or similar technologies employed by those third parties.
- Location Information. We may collect general location data, such as IP address. We may also collect precise geolocation from your device, passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up. Most mobile devices allow you to prevent real time location data being sent to us.
- Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, and zip code.
- Employment-Related Information. You may choose to provide information on your Site profile, such as descriptions of your skills, work experience, and educational background. You can list honors, awards, training, the URL to your own websites, salary expectations, and other information.
- Inferences. Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
- Address Book and Other Services That Sync with the Services. You may use our address book or “contacts” importer (or other similar features) to upload your address book into our Services. We store this information (including phone numbers, names, email addresses and other information) and use it to help you manage and leverage your contacts in connection with worklife success and our Services.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use personal information to:
- Operate the Site and Services and administer any promotions or contests.
- Make your next use of the Services more personalized and make our Site and Services better; for example, when you sign in to your account, we may display the names and photos of new Users who have recently joined your network or recent updates from companies you follow.
- Process and fulfill transactions and services requested by you.
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests and comments.
- Tailor and send you (via email, phone, and/or text message) marketing information about new products and special offers for Jobcase, or other parties whose products and services we think you’d be interested in, including employment opportunities, job search assistance, career advancement, and educational opportunities.
- Show you content, such as relevant articles and conversations, that we believe is relevant to you, your industry, or your profession.
- Research and compile statistical information and analysis for us to improve our Sites and Services.
- Measure the performance of job listings and ads served both on and off of our Site through a variety of ad networks and ad exchanges.
- Protect the security of the Services, Site, and our Users, and prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Verify requests made pursuant to this Policy. The verification steps and the pieces of personal information that we request may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request.
- As we may notify you when we collect the information.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. How We Collect Personal Information About You
We collect the above-referenced categories of personal information from the following categories of sources:
- We collect personal information directly from you. For example, you may provide us information when you register for an event, contact us, register for use of the Services or the Site, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey, or submit information or post content through any forms or interactive features of the Services or on the Site. We also collect information you provide while attending events that we host, such as job fairs and employment events.
- We collect personal information from your devices. We use technical tracking tools that work behind the scenes, like browser cookies, pixels, trackers, and clear gifs, to automatically collect information about you when you interact with our Sites, our ads, and our emails that we or our affiliates send to you. We also receive information about your visits and interaction with the sites and services of our advertising partners that include our cookies and similar technologies. We and our affiliates collect this information about users over time and across devices.
- We get personal information from our vendors. Our vendors that host or maintain our Sites and send promotional emails for us may give us information about you. Our marketing agencies and advertising technology vendors may provide us with information.
- We get personal information about you from other sources. We receive information when you use a third-party website or application in relation to your Jobcase account. For example. we may get information when you attend an event hosted by employers or other third parties. We get personal information from advertisers, other publishers, and data aggregators. In addition, we may receive address book information and other services that sync with the Services or Site.
- We combine information. We combine information that we have collected offline with information that we have collected across our Sites, Jobcase, Inc.’s affiliates’ and subsidiaries’ sites, and Third Party Sites. We also combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. These actions allow us to understand your consumer preferences more holistically. We also combine your information with other consumers’ information to understand preferences and trends within your peer group over time.
4. We Share Personal Information With Others
We share the above-referenced categories of personal information under the following circumstances:
- We share personal information within our company. We may share personal information with Jobcase, Inc. affiliates, subsidiaries, and other entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with us.
- We share personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf for our own business and operational purposes. We may share personal information with vendors that send emails for us, run our websites and contests, provide call center services, process payments, provide advertising or marketing services, track advertising impressions, provide analytics services, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial statements, vet job applicants, provide legal advice, place our advertisements on other platforms, and fulfill orders.
- We share your personal information with business partners. For example, we will share information with employers and other businesses in our network so that they can search for your profile and contact you with information about jobs and job-related services in which you have expressed interest. These partners may send you marketing information by mail or email. We may also share personal information with outside parties that help us with our own marketing. This may include social media platforms, advertising networks, and ad tech companies.
- We will share personal information for safety and security purposes, if we think we have to in order to comply with the law, or to protect ourselves, our members, and others. We must cooperate with legal authorities, and may in some circumstances be required to disclose any or all of the above categories of personal information in response to requests from law enforcement or in response to a subpoena or other legal process. We may disclose personal information in the course of legal proceedings if we believe we are required to do so, if we reasonably believe that doing so may mitigate our liability, or if doing so will assist us in enforcing our legal rights. We further reserve the right to disclose each category of personal information as necessary to: (i) protect any other party’s rights, property and safety, (ii) investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any person and (iii) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Site.
- We may share personal information with any successor to all or part of our business. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, we may give our customer database as part of that transaction, which may include your personal information.
- We may also share your personal information for other reasons we describe to you from time to time or as required by law.
Public Areas of the Site. Any personal information that you voluntarily post to a public area of the Site (for example, within the Community) and any information that you add to your profile page on the Site may be viewed and used by other Users and businesses, who may contact you about employment opportunities or related services.
Surveys & Contests. We will share your information with contest or survey sponsors and/or administrators. In accordance with law, if you are the winner of a contest or sweepstakes, we may disclose your first name and city/state on a publicly available winners’ list.
Searches. Users can search for each other and other community content using the Services. Information about your searches on the site may be reflected in the URL of a page you visit, which in turn may be sent to third party applications as a result of tracking software, adware, social media plugins, and similar software installed on our site.
Pages for Companies, Schools, and Other Entities. Certain pages on the Services are public (for example: company and college pages), and any personal information you post or share through such public pages will be accessible by the entity that created them. If you follow a person or organization, you may be listed among its followers, which may be viewed by others, including the page owner.
5. Your Choices About How We Use Your Personal Information
- You can opt-out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our marketing emails, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email, or send an email to email@example.com with “email unsubscribe” in the subject line. Even if you opt-out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you messages if you transact directly with us.
- You can opt-out of receiving SMS messages. To stop receiving text messages from us, text “STOP” in response to any text message, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SMS unsubscribe” in the subject line.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. You may be able to refuse or remove cookies and other tracking technologies on the Site through your browser settings. You can delete cookies by going to the preferences, tools, or options menus of your browser. If you choose to do so, some features of the Site may not function properly. Selections you make are device-specific and browser-specific, meaning that you may need to make your selections on each browser and on each device you use to access the Site. If you use social media or other online accounts operated by third parties, you may also need to adjust your settings on those accounts to prevent information about your activities on the Site from being transferred to those third parties. Because we have installed third party software on our Site, we cannot absolutely guarantee that it is feasible to completely eliminate tracking of your browsing activities on the Site.
- Do Not Track. The Sites currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operate as described in this Policy, whether or not a DNT signal is received. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in this Policy.
- We use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. We use this to help analyze how users use the Site and remarket the users with customized Ads. For mobile devices, we utilize the User ID feature of Google Analytics to associate your sessions, and activities in those sessions, across your devices. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager here.
- Public Profile Settings. Your public profile may be indexed by public search engines and displayed when someone searches for your name.
6. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from businesses a list of what personal information (if any) was disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you reside in California, you also have the right to make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of vendors to whom the personal information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Jobcase will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the above rights.
You can exercise these rights online by clicking here or by calling this toll-free number (833) 439-2464. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
For purposes of California residents making these CCPA requests, please also note the following regarding how we collect, use, and share your personal information as described in this Policy, including in the previous 12 months:
- We may collect, use, and disclose for our business and commercial purposes, categories of personal information as set forth in applicable California law, including: Identifiers; payment and customer records information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as demographic information like age and gender); commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; and inferences. See Section 1of this Policy for additional detail.
- We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2of this Policy.
- We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in Section 3of this Policy.
- We may disclose each of the foregoing categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in this Policy to the extent permitted by applicable law to the categories of third parties as described in Section 4of this Policy. We do not sell personal information.
7. Integrating Social Networking Services
You may also have the option of posting your activities to Social Networking Services when you access content through the Site (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Site); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Networking Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
8. Other Websites
The Sites or Services may contain links to or otherwise interact with other websites or products not operated or controlled by us (the “Third Party Sites”), third party add-ons, applications and other software that could track your usage or collect personal information, websites of our affiliated institutions, promotional partners, advertisers, sponsors or other third parties. This Policy and our privacy practices do not extend to and may differ from those of other websites that can be accessed through the links on this Site. If you decide to access any Third Party Sites or use the services provided by any Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk and your disclosure of your personal information on Third Party Sites is governed solely by the applicable Third Party Site’s policies.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of 16. You are not permitted to use the Services if you are under the age of 16. If we discover personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will endeavor to delete that data from our databases.
We take commercially reasonable measures to secure the personal information Users provide to us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free, and there is always a possibility that Internet transmissions containing a User's personally identifiable information may be intercepted by others or that data may be subject to compromise by criminal actors. We make no representations concerning the privacy of User information before it arrives at the Site or after it leaves the Site. You should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, privacy concerns or our information practices, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or at the following address:
Attn: Member Services Team
201 Broadway, Suite 7
Cambridge, MA 02139
Attn: Member Services Team
201 Broadway, Suite 7
Cambridge, MA 02139
12. Changes to Policy